Wednesday 12 October 2011

1) The Concept

Hi there guys!
My name's Mike, though a lot of you may know me as AEtherchild from DuelingNetwork. I'm 20 years old and have been designing games for about 9 years on and off. This Blogspot is going to be following a new game project of mine - I shall start with the basis of this idea, followed by the in-depth details, and we'll take it from there!

Okay, so. What I am working on is a Yugioh videogame, for now named Planar Shift. I'm planning on cramming in a LOT of storyline which I have been working on, loosely based from the Yugioh stories available to read in the Master Guides. There will also be a Free Mode, where you can duel against an AI using decks you make, or a Network Mode where you can play or chat with people online. This blog for the most part will be around Story Mode.

A large factor here is that I am planning on making every recognisable archetype see play. Every one. This includes archetypes that see almost no play, such as Phantom Beasts or Dark Scorpions. Because of this there are going to be over 100 characters in this Story Mode, each with their own deck. Some duel with you; some duel against you; all of them you will see in action on more than one occasion.

This is it for the first post. Over the coming weeks I will be posting new storyline ideas, potential Deck Lists to use in this game, character profiles, and general progress. In a short while I will be posting the first chunk of storyline, to give you guys an idea of what I'm doing here. Watch this space :)

1 comment:

  1. This + what you told me on MSN = I'm in.

    I'll follow this to see how far you get. I have high hopes for you pal! And just tell me if I can help with something, I'll do what I can.

    ReplyDelete