Thursday 8 December 2011

Blogspot Update - Rules Queries

I've come to a major decision regarding my game planning. I am going to do my best to program in automatic gameplay. This doesn't mean the game will play itself - It is merely the opposite of Manual Gameplay. Manual is the style Dueling Network uses, where there are no game mechanics programmed in - All of the gameplay is done manually by the players, with no input from the server. Automatic Gameplay, however, is the style that Tag Force uses - All game mechanics and rulings are already programmed in, and it only lets you do actions that a card effect actually specifies. This has a sizable number of benefits over Manual Gameplay:
1) There is absolutely a 0% chance of mistakes, misplays, and cheating.
2) It is possible to create a fully-functional AI that already knows the rulings, that you are able to play against.

There, is of course, one major downside... This will take a LOT more time. It's not something I'd have a problem with doing, however.

Following this decision, I have also decided to start a new thing on this blogspot - Rules Queries. Every now and then, while adminning on Dueling Network, I'll come across yet another user who is not sure about the specific rulings behind cards like Pot of Duality or Effect Veiler, or want to know more about Priority. While Wikia often provides a lot of help to these people, I will also be posting the rulings on here so that it is quicker and easier to link to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment